Tessa is 99.9% better compared to our trip to the ER. However, she still has a nasty cough that she can’t seem to get over so we decided to go see the doctor again instead of grimacing every time we hear it.
When we got there, Tessa was in a great mood, crawling to all of the toys in the waiting room and saying “Hi. Hi. Hi” to all of the other kids there. Then our name got called. We walked back to the exam room and as soon as I set her down on the exam table, she started crying. Apparently the last three visits we made there in the past month have made quite a bad impression in her memory. She calmed down after the nurse left, but as soon as the doctor came in and pulled out the stethoscope, she started crying again. And I mean CRYING. I basically had to pin her down as the doctor listened to her lungs and checked her ears, nose and throat. At one point, the doctor muttered under his breath, “She definitely isn’t lethargic,” then later, “She sure is a strong-willed child.” We already knew she is strong-willed, but hearing it from a doctor who sees umpteen kids a day can’t be good. I am officially scared for her teenage years.
We left with a prescription for an antibiotic and for a steroid inhaler. Let’s pray it gets better because I REALLY don’t want to have to go back there anytime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment