Monday, February 27, 2012

Prescription X2 Please!

 

A few weeks ago, I went to the grocery store and saw Kleenex on sale.  I bought a bunch of boxes and after placing extra boxes around the house, I had 7 or 8 left that I stored away for later.  Those boxes are no longer there.  The sickness has hit the Van Hofwegen household again.

Tessa had a runny nose and bad cough all last week, but Wednesday night it became just awful.  She woke up at 3:30 am coughing and choking on her own snot.  She stayed up until 5:30 (I think she was scared to go to sleep) and slept for only 45 minutes before coughing awake again.  She then cried off and on for about 2 hours.  I called the doctor and got an appointment.

The doctor’s visit went surprisingly well. I was expecting the usual crying fit, but when we got into the room, the doctor asked to see her tummy, and it was pretty smooth sailing from there.  If you have spent more than 10 minutes with Tessa, you probably know that she LOVES to show off her belly, so when the doc asked her to do one of her favorite things, she warmed up to her a little.  The rest of the visit included pointing out her eyes, nose, mouth, and ears as well as my eyes, nose and hair between a few whiny cries. The doctor said she could she the snot drainage in her throat and that it was very red (which was probably painful…hence the crying and lack of appetite for the last week).  We got a prescription and she has been doing much better since. 

And of course she passed it on to me.  Cough, Cough.  I will blame the cold medicine on any typos or incoherent statements in this blog post.  I think it should be mandatory that pediatricians write an extra prescription for the parents every time a kid gets one.  It would certainly save me some misery and a doctor’s visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment