Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Pintresting Day

I have a love/hate relationship with Pintrest.  I love looking at all of the fun ideas – the crafts, the design elements, the recipes, the ideas for kids.  I love looking at them, but hate that, in reality, I will only be looking at most of my pins instead of doing my pins.  So last week, I decided that I was going to try to do one pin, whatever category it may be, a week.  Since I have a ton of recipes to try, I figure that it was a safe decision to commit to.

My main goal is to do one fun thing per week with Tessa, whether it comes from Pintrest or means a trip to the mall play ground, to the park, or to a play date.  This week, I wanted to do a Pintrest “project” with her (luckily for her, we also went to park, went to the mall play ground, and had multiple play dates). Since the weather is GORGEOUS, I found a “project” we could do outside….homemade sidewalk chalk/paint! 

After we changed into some scrub clothes, we had a lot of fun and got nice and dirty.  The paint was really easy to mix up (cornstarch, water, and food coloring) and was easy to clean off.  She wasn’t quite as in to it as I thought she would be, and mainly liked telling me where and how to paint, and mixing the paints from bowl to bowl.  It was a hit though, because the next day she pulled daddy outside and told him “paint, paint!” 

painting3

painting

painting2

No comments:

Post a Comment