Thursday, July 12, 2012

Okoboji Vacation

We got back this past week from our annual summer trip to Okoboji.  Tessa and I were blessed to spend two weeks there and Tommy was there for about 8 days.  As always, we thoroughly enjoyed it and feel so blessed that we have such a fun place to visit in the summers where we can relax, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy the activities we love so much.

While there, we spent time with all of my family that lives in the area as well as friends.  It was wonderfully relaxing and great to get out of the heat (even though it got to 100 one day and everyone thought it was horrible=)).

It was fun to think back to last year when we were there and reflect on how much Tessa has grown.  She was just toddling around then, didn’t spend much time in the water, and didn’t talk much.  Now she’s all over the place and doesn’t shut up=). It was so fun to see her enjoy her time there (as was having other people give her the attention she constantly requests).

Of course all of our pictures of Tessa, so here is some of the fun stuff she did:

Rode her bike:

DSC_0057DSC_0058DSC_0059

 

Played “Green Light” with Auntie Dawn (also known as “Red Light, Green Light” but she ignores the “red light” part):DSC_0065

 

Picked flowers and smelled them:

DSC_0071

 

Watched the fireworks by boat.  We were a little worried she wouldn’t like them, but her exact response was, “I scared….oh, that’s pretty!  It’s green!  That’s so fun!”:

DSC_0073

 

Helped Grandpa clean the deck:

DSC_0221

 

Colored:

DSC_0224DSC_0225

 

Put together puzzles:

IMG_2350

 

Jumped on the beds in the loft:IMG_2353IMG_2354

 

Went swimming:

IMG_2362

IMG_2445

Got read to…

by auntie Dawn

IMG_2381

by great-aunt Judy…

IMG_2388

by Grandpa…

IMG_2452

and Grandma too!

 

Played in Great-Grandma’s house:IMG_2386

Went on the boat:

IMG_2394

IMG_2428

Went under the bridge:

Went on the jet ski:

IMG_2449

 

Helped Daddy with all types of activities including:

Putting the boat in the hoist…

IMG_0576

Taking naps…

IMG_0582

Swinging on the hammock…IMG_0591

And, of course, fishing!

IMG_0600

It was a great vacation and I’m already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Me too, me too! Just think what she will be doing next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures and videos - helped relive all the fun we had! I really enjoyed all the time I spent reading lots of books to Tessa, fixing puzzles and fishing with her, taking her on walks, talking with her (her nonstop talking is so cute!), and all the other things, but I noticed there are not too many pictures that show that, on my camera either - I was taking tons of pictures. Next time I need some Grandma pictures with Tessa - I'll let Grandpa be the photographer :)

    (obviously this is not written by lwielenga)

    ReplyDelete