I now have a 2 year old! It actually doesn’t seem any different as I feel like I’ve been saying Tessa’s “almost 2” for a while when people ask how old she is. Now it’s official!
Nothing welcomes one into the terrible two’s like a marathon of birthday parties.
Party #1
Because we went to Iowa on vacation over Tessa’s actual birthday, we had a small party with Papa and Nana and Uncle Dan and Aunt Johanna the Sunday before we left. We bought Tessa a small cake the day before (I’m not much of a baker) and she happened to see it. She must celebrate a lot of birthday’s at her babysitter’s house, because she immediately knew what it was and said “Happy Birthday cake!” and talked about it non-stop. Unfortunately, by the time we had lunch after church, she was so tired, she wanted nothing to do with it. She was also less than enthusiastic about opening presents. Tommy and I were pretty disappointed because she was so excited about it all before, but we learned our lesson and will plan any future parties AFTER nap time.
Dress up clothes!
Party #2
Tessa and I were in Iowa on her actual birthday, which was a Wednesday, but Tommy didn’t come until Friday, so we decided to wait until he was there to have the birthday party with my family. We couldn’t, however, not celebrate at all, so my parents and I blew up some balloons, got her a cupcake and got her a couple of small presents to celebrate.
She loved playing with the balloons:
She loved blowing out the candles (didn’t really care much about the cake). In fact, we relit them 3 or 4 times because she was having so much fun blowing them out!
This time, she got nice and excited over her presents!
Party #3
When both my sister and Tommy arrived, we had ANOTHER party for her which included more cake and presents…spoiled!
A Folding chair:
A fishing pole kit!
An Aqua Doodle:
And a bike:
Now, how do I teach her that everyday is NOT her birthday?=)
No comments:
Post a Comment