Sunday, March 17, 2013

Countdown to #2 & Tessa 2 3/4 Old

We’re only a week away from my due date to child #2! I am soooo ready to not be pregnant, but not so sure I’m ready to add a baby to the household yet=).  Let’s just say there’s a long list of things I anticipated having finished before it’s arrival that doesn’t have enough crossed off it yet.

One of those things is to write an update on Tessa and what she is currently like.

Tessa has become incredibly shy around new people.  She tells us often, “I’m shy, I don’t want to talk,” which is kind of cute, until she gives new people evil glares out of the corner of her eye while trying to hide her face from them.  Hopefully it’s just a phase.

She looooves dolls and pretend play.  She walks around a majority of the day talking to her baby or stuffed animals, changing their clothes and diapers, “feeding” them, singing to them, taking care of them when they are sick, rocking them, etc.  I tried to take out some of the baby stuff to prepare for #2, and everything became her baby’s.  Her doll has been enjoying the baby swing, bouncer, bassinet, bathtub, and other toys the last week or so.  Luckily Tessa seems to understands that this stuff in not actually her baby’s but will eventually belong to baby #2 as she often asks, “Is this my baby’s or for the baby in mommy’s tummy?”

doll

Tessa’s vocabulary cracks us up a lot.  She pulls out words or phrases sometimes that I can hardly believe are coming out of her little toddler mouth: 

  • ”actually.”- “I’m going to sit.  Actually, no.  I’m going to stand.”
  • “terrible.” - “Mommy, I feel terrible.  I do!”
  • “beautiful” – “You look beautiful!”
  • “collection” – “this is my collection!”

Other milestones I failed to write about:

Tessa has been potty-trained since about October.   She still wears a diaper when she sleeps but otherwise picked up on it all very quickly and does a good job of going all by herself.

She moved into a big girl bed about a month ago and we have had no major problems.  She was excited to move into it and likes to sleep in it. So far, she has stayed in it too, rather than getting up and playing with toys when she’s suppose to be sleeping.

She dresses herself.  She’s not always color coordinated and most often dresses herself from pajamas into a different pair of pajamas, but she does it by herself (and heaven forbid you try to do it for her when your in a hurry). 

1 comment:

  1. Excited to see you all in two weeks, Baby # 2 included :) Hopefully # 2 will arrive before I get there!

    ReplyDelete