Monday, May 6, 2013

Cole Gerrit

We are happy to announce the birth of Cole Gerrit Van Hofwegen!  Born March 29 at 5:01 pm, weighing 7lbs 13oz and 20 1/4 inches long. 

I was due Monday the 25 of March, but, like Tessa, Cole decided he wanted to incubate a little longer.  I was induced on Friday the 29th (Good Friday) as my doctor wouldn’t let me go over a week for the health of the baby.  She wouldn’t be available to deliver on Sunday (Easter), and I wasn’t guaranteed that the day I “chose” to be induced would actually be available, so we set it up for Friday and, thankfully, got a call to come in around 7:30 am.  Labor went well overall (I had a few incidents of puking and light headedness when getting my IV and epidural), and only had to push for maybe 5 minutes. God is gracious.

DSC_0372DSC_0374DSC_0380

DSC_0390

DSC_0394

My sister flew in that night, and we were released the next day into her care=).  It was wonderful to have her around for the next few days to help cook and keep Tessa entertained! 

We are so thankful for the addition of a healthy baby BOY to our family.  I am also SOO thankful to no longer be pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment