Tessa has been daytime potty trained for around 6 months now, but the pregnant me could not handle the thought of losing sleep by waking up to change wet sheets at night (or nap time for that matter). So for the last 6 months, she has been wearing diapers when she sleeps. After Cole was born, I decided spending money on pull-ups for a girl who is basically potty-trained was not ideal. Yes, I waited to have a newborn to start the project of night-time potty training (I really do think I get more sleep now then when I was pregnant due to not having a baby sitting on my bladder anymore and not having a sore everything keeping me awake). And some people complain about having to change two kids in diapers at once, but that wasn't even the case. Tessa changed herself, so it simply came down to money=).
Well, since Tessa is super smart (in one non-bias opinion=)) and loves getting new things, I decided we would try a rewards chart. I made a chart on a piece of paper, bought stickers, and asked her what she really wanted for a present. Her response...a lawn mower, so she could mow lawn with daddy. So I told her every time she woke up with a clean diaper she would get a sticker and when the chart was full, she would get her lawn mower. The result...one new pink lawn mower and no more Pull-Ups (oh, and a daughter who wakes up once a night having to go to the bathroom...didn't see that one coming).
Way to go, Tessa! Now you can help Daddy with your nice mower!
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma and Grandpa
She can come mow my lawn anytime. It's a little weedy. Good work Tessa!
ReplyDeleteYay Tessa! I've tried a few times with Eli but it's just not worth the wet sheets! I'll have to try bribery :)
ReplyDeleteAnd 'sore everything' made me laugh!
Harper wakes up to pee at night too...still has accidents sometimes during the day but will NOT pee in her bed. It's the craziest thing.
ReplyDelete