Monday, October 22, 2012

Covenant Blessings

My parents and my aunt Lynda came out to visit a few weekends ago.  Correction.  They came out to drive to California for my great aunt’s 99th Birthday party.  Even though we weren’t the main event, we were happy to have the visitors and to make the trek with them for the birthday party. 

We had a wonderful trip filled with old family stories, extended relatives I rarely see, and a lot of entertainment provided by a certain little girl who was in full form.  I’d post pictures, but mom was the one with the camera, and as soon as she learns to upload them to her computer and send them, I’ll pass them on (yeah Mom, I’m calling you out!). 

Anyways, the trip was a lot of fun, but was refreshing for the soul as well.  Seeing Tessa play with my parents and aunt, sit on my great uncle’s lap, and interact with all our relatives was such a great reminder of the importance of family, both biologically, but also the family of God. It was amazing to watch relatives I barely know care for and interact with her. But I think my favorite highlight was after we got home…Tessa sat by Dad and aunt Lynda and sang “Jesus Loves Me” with them and my Mom, over and over.  It was such a great reminder of God’s covenant blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment