Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Our family had a wonderful and quite Thanksgiving here at home.  After church in the morning, we went to our family friends’, the Kuipers, with Papa and Nana.  We had a delicious meal and a great day remembering the blessings God has given us. 

One of the traditions that Kuipers’ do on Thanksgiving is hand out 5 or so kernels of corn into which we drop into a bowl.  For each kernel, we list off what we are thankful for this year.  Here was my list for the year:

1.  The Christian community that we have here, specifically through our church.  It has been such a blessing to go to Church every Sunday and see people interact with Tessa, watch other kids give her hugs, and hear her talking about what she learned in Sunday school.  Our church is a blessing that I grow to appreciate more and more each year.

2.  Being pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy so far.  It is a blessing I know many long to have, and God has blessed us with one amazing child and another on the way. 

3.  Our jobs.  We both have good jobs that we enjoy and that provide for our needs.  That’s a combination many do not have.  Plus I have an amazing boss who not only teaches me about my work, but is also a godly, wise woman from whom I learn life lessons as well.

4.  God’s little revelations.  I am constantly amazed on how God’s brings little moments of laughter or clarity to my day in a way only He can. 

5.  My husband, who works his butt off every day at work, comes home and plays with his daughter, then works around the house doing other projects and is constantly on the go.  He’s an amazing dad and husband.

A few pics from the day:
image
image[1]
image[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment